Featuring virtuosic contemporary works showcasing (and selected by) six familiar BF musicians as soloists. The eclectic program will include:
- The haunting electro-acoustic landscapes of Atlanta composer Robert Scott Thompson's "Canto de Las Sombras."
- A gripping musical caricature by Michael Colgrass inspired by Inuit legend: "Wild Riot of the Shaman's Dreams."
- Roger Sessions' masterpiece "Six Pieces for Solo Cello."
- The outrageously theatrical "an apologia" by Jon Deak based on text by Richard Hartshorne.
- A premiere of "Icarus", a new work by Atlanta composer Chris Arrell.
- Stephen Hartke's elegant "Caoine" for solo violin.
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Eyedrum at 8:00 PM