Thursday, October 09, 2008

Dorkbot Art and Technology Forum

Please join us at Georgia Tech this coming Wednesday, October 15th at 7 pm in the Couch Building (room 207) for the monthly dorkbot art and technology lecture series. This month's meeting features composer, software developer, and Yale University lecturer Michael Klingbeil (via live video link) speaking about his SPEAR spectral editing software and its use in some of his recent music.

If you haven't heard about SPEAR before, please come to see this incredible (and free!) software application in action. If you have heard of SPEAR, then please come to find out more about it and Michael's compositional work.

Hope to see you there!

4 comments:

Darren Nelsen said...

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it (prior commitment), but I hope you have a good turnout and have fun!

Luis Gonzalez said...

Hey, anyone here have an opinion on GSU's School of Music? Specifically their program relating to Music Technology (Recording/Music Production). I'd be a non-traditional student and am researching my options before going back to school part time.

Adam Scott Neal said...

Hi Luis,

I'd be glad to tell you about it. I graduated from the program in 2003 and went back for a Master's, so I was the graduate assistant for the program for 2 years. Please email me with questions and I'll reply privately. adamscottneal at gmail

Ty said...

I've loved this product very much . Its very much useful for a musician like me as compared to lot of other products available in the market