Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Two Passions Collide: A Movie Review & A Musical Journey

Hello Atlanta Composers. It's been a while since I've posted on here. Today I took the first steps towards releasing my fourth album by taking my love of movies and melding it with my creative expressions. If you click on the title (or here) you'll find my newly-released fan commentary of Stanley Kubrick's "2001: A Space Odyssey." When synched with the film, however (starting at the first use of Ligeti's "Atmospheres" at the beginning), you'll find the tracks of my fourth album- "Beyond the Infinite: A Musical Odyssey"- placed in context to the film itself, with my own observations of creating the album (and discussing the film itself)- in between pieces. The album itself will be released officially in the coming month or so, but for now I'm very pleased to release it in this highly original fashion. I hope you take a listen.

Thanks for listening,

Brian Skutle
www.sonic-cinema.com

No comments: