Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Electronic Call for Works - Update!

I've received enough material now for a concert! The works that have come in are very cool. It will be exciting to present them together publicly. We have a vibrant community of composers here with voice, and I hope that when you hear them you will be as excited as I am about the new music that is being created all around us.

Now I need to secure a venue and date and pull together the resources for the show. I'll be in discussions with some folks to see how best to present the material and gather the widest audience. I want to turn this into an event with big attendance (not just where 5 people show up!) To that end, I'm open to ideas and suggestions and active participation by all of you, so if you have anything to say about it, please let me know. Post your comments here to the blog or contact me through my website (follow my profile link.)

One thing I'd like to do in conjunction with the concert is create a podcast of the concert submissions. This would open our music not only to the local community, but to the world. In order to do this, I will need permission from the composers to podcast the music, so I'll be in touch with all those who have submitted for their approval.

Once I have more details, of course I will post all here on the blog.

Thanks to all those who have submitted!

If you didn't get a chance to submit, please feel free to still send your music, as I plan to do more concerts and I will probably find a place for it in the future.

It's great getting to know our community.

Darren

No comments: