The essence of college radio is the ability to explore the possibilities of radio for students. With this in mind, the classical music program on WRSU 88.7 FM (www.wrsu.org) is looking for recordings of new completed works for an ongoing series during a weekly broadcast that will begin in the Spring of 2009. Ideally, works should broadly be in the spirit of exploring the possibilities of music.
There is no deadline for submissions.
- Works may be in a variety and instrumentation (including electroacoustic works)
- The only requirement for recording quality is that it is representative, in the composer's mind, of the work. The recorded performance can be a professional recording or a reading of the work.
- A short biography of the composer, a synopsis of the work, and the performers on the recording is required and will be read over the air.
- Works may be of any length under a half hour. Excerpts of a work will also be accepted.
- There is no award for works played during the series. Prior to being played, the composer will be given the date and time the work will be aired. A future website for the series will also identify the composer and work as being a part of the series.
Submissions will only be accepted electronically in mp3 format to firstname.lastname@example.org If the work is accepted, an uncompressed version of the audio will be requested for airing.