Saturday, September 12, 2009

Collaborative Project

Hi everyone!

ASN, your favorite Atlantan-in-self-imposed-exile here. I am posting to solicit participants in a possible collaborative project.

Back in 2007, I started a project of flute solos with hip-hop beats. This has been shelved for some time, and I want the project to have a life. I am now proposing an “EP” of sorts with 6-8 tracks, and I am looking for composer-performer soloists.


How this will work:

1. I will supply you with a backing track and a melodic line/theme.

2. You will compose variatons on my melodic line.

3. You will record the “theme and variations.”

4. I will edit and mix the tracks together.


This will be a genre-bending exercise, as the music is influenced by hip-hop, classical, rock, Celtic, reggae, electronica, etc. I hope that your variations will be just as exciting and style-defiant.


Requirements:

1. You can play a melodic instrument competently.

2. You have access to a decent instrument.

3. You have access to decent recording equipment.


I plan to release this through CDBaby and for digital download. I will give you a percentage of the sales, copyright, and performing rights. It will allow some cross-promotion, which can’t hurt!

Feel free to comment here with questions, or contact me directly [adamscottneal at gmail] to get involved. I look forward to hearing from you!

6 comments:

Nicole Randall-Chamberlain said...

Seems fun Adam. Count me in if you want some sweet flute jams.

Adam Scott Neal said...

WORD! Will send you something soon. :)

Darren Nelsen said...

Adam, you are my favorite composer who is not me. (Said in Colbert-ian fashion. ;)

I'll see if Margie's interested in this...

Adam Scott Neal said...

Please do!

jpassmusic said...

Adam I'm in. I'll bring some saxophone

Alex said...

Hi Adam,

I play guitar (electric, acoustic and bass) and would like to contribute.

Here's my site if you want to check out some of my tracks:
http://www.darkchords.com/?page_id=4

Let me know if you're interested..

-Alex