ASN, your favorite Atlantan-in-self-imposed-exile here. I am posting to solicit participants in a possible collaborative project.
Back in 2007, I started a project of flute solos with hip-hop beats. This has been shelved for some time, and I want the project to have a life. I am now proposing an “EP” of sorts with 6-8 tracks, and I am looking for composer-performer soloists.
How this will work:
1. I will supply you with a backing track and a melodic line/theme.
2. You will compose variatons on my melodic line.
3. You will record the “theme and variations.”
4. I will edit and mix the tracks together.
This will be a genre-bending exercise, as the music is influenced by hip-hop, classical, rock, Celtic, reggae, electronica, etc. I hope that your variations will be just as exciting and style-defiant.
1. You can play a melodic instrument competently.
2. You have access to a decent instrument.
3. You have access to decent recording equipment.
I plan to release this through CDBaby and for digital download. I will give you a percentage of the sales, copyright, and performing rights. It will allow some cross-promotion, which can’t hurt!
Feel free to comment here with questions, or contact me directly [adamscottneal at gmail] to get involved. I look forward to hearing from you!