Thursday, April 12, 2007

Composer and Guitarist Atanas Ourkouzounov performs at Columbus State University

Monday, April 16 -- Performance by Carson McCullers Resident Composer in Guitar, Atanas Ourkouzounov. The RiverCenter for the Performing Arts, 7:30 PM. Admission is free.

I've had some communication with Atanas, mainly about his Sonatine for flute and guitar that hopefully duoATL will perform in the near future (which is an incredible piece). Flutist Mie Ogura will also be performing with Atanas. I recommend checking out his samples on his site http://www.classicalguitarist.info/atanas.html. Certainly a different perspective and influence coming from Bulgaria.

If all goes well, I will be making the trek out to Columbus.

1 comment:

Wenatchee the Hatchet said...

Yes, I know this is amazingly late but I just stumbled on this trying to scrounge around on the net to see when and where Atanas is in the United States. I hope you've picked up the Gendai recording Legends and plug for it because it's pretty awesome. I've also seen on Shin-ichi Fukuda's website that he and Atanas have done some touring together.