Thursday, April 05, 2007

Csound Users Group

I'm very excited to announce the inauguration of a local Csound Users Group. Headed up by myself and Mitchell Turner, we are going to have our first meeting in May (tentatively Thurs. May 10 @ 7:30pm at Mitch's home.)

We'd like participants and volunteers to present mini-topics of 5-10 minutes each. I will demonstrate the use of 'invalues' for realtime control in MacCsound. Mitch will present 'global variables' within a reverb instrument. We need more topics and presenters, so please let us know if you're interested. ('Presenter' sounds formal--we really just need people willing to say a something about what they know how to do in Csound. It'll be a fun, informal gathering.)

Please respond to this post to show your interest and ideas/requests for topics.

More details to follow...

7 comments:

Toby said...

I'm definitely interested in coming. I'm still pretty new to Csound, so I don't really have anything to present yet, but I am full of questions :-)

Darren Nelsen said...

Great! Do you have any 'requests' for topics we should cover?
Thanks for your interest and I look forward to seeing you at the meeting.

mitch turner said...

email me for directions to my house,
Mitch

mitch turner said...

which of course is:
mmturner (A-T) mindspring (D-O-T) com

Adam Scott Neal said...

drat! i would be there except that I teach on Thursday evenings.

Darren Nelsen said...

Hey Adam! We'd love to have you. (You've written some great Csound music.) So, I've posted a poll (should appear on every page) where you can vote for your preferred evening(s). Based on results we'll schedule appropriately.

Adam Scott Neal said...

so far every night is tied! haha. sigh.